Michael is a Wealth Associate at Our Family Office. In his work, Michael provides support to both planning and investment management services of the firm.
Highlights of Michael’s Career to Date Include:
- MFDA: Prior to joining the firm, Michael worked at the MFDA focusing on financial and sales compliance to support the regulation of the Canadian mutual fund industry.
- KPMG: While at KPMG, Michael specialized in the real estate and private enterprise practice. His experience draws on both audit and tax service lines, working with investors in addition to small businesses.
- BDO: Michael was also previously in BDO’s NPO group providing accounting and advisory services to charitable organizations, higher education institutions and community organizations.
Professional Credentials & Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting from the University of Guelph;
- Graduate Diploma in Accounting from Wilfrid Laurier University.
Michael currently sits on the Discipline Committee for CPA Ontario’s Adjudicative Tribunal.
North American Wealth Award Nominations 2020:
Finalist in 3 Categories
What do I want to share with my heirs about my values and life experiences while I still can?
What do other successful families do about educating future generations?
What would happen to my family and business if I were suddenly gone tomorrow?
Is it possible that there might be other tax ideas we haven’t considered yet?
Who will make the important decisions and coordinate things after I’m gone?
Do I wonder sometimes if our planning done in the past is still relevant?
Are my investments properly compensating me for the risk I’m taking?
Which of my investments or accounts are no longer serving their intended purpose?
What do I expect market returns to look like in the next five years?
What is my Strategic Asset Allocation?