With investment management and wealth advisory experience dating back to 1972, Our Family Office’s co-founder, executive chairman, and CIO enjoys a well-deserved reputation as a trusted and respected figure in the Canadian financial services industry. His keen intellect and deep expertise make him particularly well-qualified to revolutionize the multi-family office segment in Canada and grow Our Family Office into the market-leading service provider and partner to the nation’s wealthiest families.
Highlights of Neil’s career to date include:
- Fiera Capital Corporation: Neil was active with Fiera Capital Corporation, one of Canada’s largest investment managers, from 2006 to 2014, serving as the President of Fiera Private Wealth and as the company’s Executive Vice Chairman and a member of the company’s board of directors and governance committee
- YMG Capital Management Inc.: Neil served as President of the YMG Private Wealth Management division from 2000 to 2006. Fiera Capital Corporation purchased YMG Capital Management in 2006.
- Nisker Associates, Strategic Wealth Management: From 1997-2000, Neil was the Chairman of Nisker Associates, Strategic Wealth Management, a Canadian registered investment counselling firm. It was acquired by YMG Capital Management in 2000.
- Best Investments International Inc.: In 1990, Sir John Templeton selected Neil to be one of the three managers of Best Investments International Inc., a global equity mutual fund he owned. Neil held this position until the fund was closed in 2000.
- Brown Baldwin Nisker Ltd.: For more than 25 years, Neil was a driving force behind Brown Baldwin Nisker. Through his diligence, the firm grew into one of the premier institutional brokerages in Canada. It was sold to HSBC Securities in 1988.
In addition, Neil has been the President of Privatech Investments Inc., an investment company headquartered in Toronto, Canada since 1994.
Volunteerism and philanthropy
Neil has been extensively involved in philanthropy and a range of activities, including acting as:
- Co-Chair of the UJA Federation of Greater Toronto, Annual Campaign
- Co-Chair of the Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care, Campaign
- Vice-Chair of the Mount Sinai Hospital Foundation and Chair of its Investment Committee
- Chairman of The Jewish Foundation of Greater Toronto and Chair of its Investment Committee
- Co-chair of the 2011 JFNA Investment Institute in Palm Beach, Florida
- Frequent speaker at Investment Conferences for family offices and foundations and endowments
Select publications featuring Neil
“The biblical vengeance of i4i” by Susan Krashinsky, published in the August 14, 2009 issue of The Globe and Mail
“Case study: How i4i took on Microsoft and won” published by MaRS on February 8, 2011
“The game of wealth” published in the February 2005 issue of The Bay Street Bull
North American Wealth Award Nominations 2020:
Finalist in 3 Categories
What do I want to share with my heirs about my values and life experiences while I still can?
What do other successful families do about educating future generations?
What would happen to my family and business if I were suddenly gone tomorrow?
Is it possible that there might be other tax ideas we haven’t considered yet?
Who will make the important decisions and coordinate things after I’m gone?
Do I wonder sometimes if our planning done in the past is still relevant?
Are my investments properly compensating me for the risk I’m taking?
Which of my investments or accounts are no longer serving their intended purpose?
What do I expect market returns to look like in the next five years?
What is my Strategic Asset Allocation?