Beginning his career in 1999 and working in New York, Dallas and Toronto, Cameron brings robust experience and critical skill sets to the Global Investment Strategy team. His expertise in the areas of asset allocation, real estate and risk management lead to regular appearances on BNN and speaking engagements at industry conferences. As an accomplished portfolio manager and executive, Cameron is well-placed to continue growing the developing the firm’s open-architecture investment platform.
Highlights of Cameron’s career to date include:
- Equium Capital Management: Cameron was a co-founder and CEO of Equium Capital, a Toronto-based investment boutique focused on private equity and global multi-asset investment solutions. Cameron continues to be involved with Equium Capital Real Estate, through which the company offers and manages premier private equity LPs in Canadian real estate developments.
- Canaccord Genuity Wealth Management: As SVP and Chief Portfolio Manager for North America, Cameron developed a proprietary asset management platform, leading the portfolio management, research and trading teams. In two years of Cameron’s oversight, the firm’s global multi-asset ETF portfolios more than doubled their assets, produced top-decile peer performance and significantly beat their benchmarks.
- Barometer Capital Management: Cameron moved to Barometer owing to the view that traditional approaches to asset management were no longer sufficient to provide investors with superior risk-adjusted returns and risk mitigation. During 2012-2014, a period containing the depth of the European debt crisis, Cameron’s global long-short equity pool produced a mid-teen net average annual performance, demonstrating the strength of his attention to capital preservation.
- RBC Global Asset Management: Cameron was lead portfolio manager responsible for Financial Services investments across all U.S. equity funds before, during and after the 2008 financial crisis, managing or co-managing over $3bln AUM of U.S. and global equities across multiple funds, including growth, dividend and income mandates. Voting member of the RBC Investment Strategy Committee Advisory Group.
- Portales Partners: Working on Wall Street for a boutique research firm, Cameron’s role as a leading Financial Services Analyst brought him into contact with the world’s best portfolio managers and traders, including FrontPoint Partners, of “The Big Short” fame. His work on bank stocks leading into the Great Financial Crisis earned a #2 Institutional Investor ranking in 2005.
- CIBC: Before moving to New York in 2003, Cameron worked for several years at CIBC helping the senior executive team manage through the complexities of the dot-com bust and subsequent market and credit fallout.
North American Wealth Award Nominations 2020:
Finalist in 3 Categories
What do I want to share with my heirs about my values and life experiences while I still can?
What do other successful families do about educating future generations?
What would happen to my family and business if I were suddenly gone tomorrow?
Is it possible that there might be other tax ideas we haven’t considered yet?
Who will make the important decisions and coordinate things after I’m gone?
Do I wonder sometimes if our planning done in the past is still relevant?
Are my investments properly compensating me for the risk I’m taking?
Which of my investments or accounts are no longer serving their intended purpose?
What do I expect market returns to look like in the next five years?
What is my Strategic Asset Allocation?